MT Olivet Hospital in Brisbane Implemented the O'Shea System and found that:
- " Total workers' compensation costs for patient handling claims decreased 95%.
- " Average cost of a patient-handling claim declined 84%.
- " Number of patient handling claims decreased 70%.
- " Average number of days lost per patient handling claim dropped 81%.
Other significant results:
- " Improved patient quality care with a reduction in skin tears and bruising.
- " Reduced pain relief needed for hospice patients.
- " Staff stating they were less fatigued at the end of the working day.
- " Reduced number of sick days for staff.
- " Increased staff satisfaction.
- " Cost effective work practices with all staff being able to carry out patient handling tasks.
** From "Case Study - A Change in the Approach to Patient Manual Handling in a Brisbane Hospital"
We have multiple case studies and evaluations that support what we say. If you would like a copy of the above case study, or data from the many other studies and evaluations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org